Melanie had her four month doctor's appointment on Tuesday. She got another round of shots, and she handled it great. I'm sure these visits will get harder as she gets older and starts to realize what's going on, but for now, she's a pro. She took two before she even let out a whimper. She weighed in at 12 lbs 15 oz, and her height was 24 3/4 inches long. So, she's still on her curve for weight at the 50th percentile, and she's shot up to 75th percentile for height. We're hoping the height thing keeps up, and that she'll take after her daddy in that respect.
Melanie just finished her second week at daycare, and is doing just fine. Everybody in the place knew they were getting a new baby named Melanie last week, so they've all been eager to meet her and they've all been really nice to her. They all say she's a very happy baby...and she does seem happy everytime I go to pick her up. Mark is the dropper-offer around 7:15, and I'm the picker-upper at either 3:30 or 4:00. I just got approval to work from home Thursdays and Fridays, so on those days I can go get her a little earlier, which is so nice. This week, she has started playing with her feet a lot. She's also going to bed at night sooo good now! I think going to daycare during the day wears her out pretty good, and then she's ready for bed at night. We give her a bedtime bottle, then we read her a story, then we say goodnight and put her in her crib. She falls asleep on her own in just a few minutes. Because she's going to bed earlier now, we actually have time to eat dinner together in peace and watch our shows. It's great!
These pictures were all taken about a month ago at a park near our house. We're still working on getting the settings just right on our camera, which is why some of them look like they were taken in the 70's and some of them look too white. We'll get it right, though, by the time she's ready for her really cute pictures when she starts walking!
No comments:
Post a Comment